Dear Vista Grande NRG Neighbors:
Cal Fire has announced fire season has started. Let’s get prepared!
We are forming a neighborhood response group (NRG) to prepare for natural disasters as a community. The Greenbrae Hills (north of Sir Francis Drake Blvd from Manor Drive to Via La Cumbre) has been organized into 7 NRGs.
You live in the Vista Grande NRG if you live on:
- Vista Grande
- Corte Patencio
- Corte Almado
- Tioga Lane
- Corte Anita
- Corte Balboa
- Corte Elena
- Los Cerros Drive (Houses #295 and #305, and #300 – #180, and houses on the north side of Los Cerros Drive from Vista Grande to #180)
- Brushwood Lane
Vista Grande NRG Disaster Preparedness and Next Steps Meeting
When: Monday, 4/29, 2019, 7-8 pm
Where: Marin Catholic High School Library, 675 Sir Francis Drake Blvd. 94904
About the meeting:
There are programs and resources we can use now to reduce our communal fire risk and prepare for fire evacuations. But we need folks to know about the NRG program and how we can help each other. Please talk to your neighbors or place the attached doormat flyer at your neighbor’s doormat.
Topics: There are so many different ways, depending on your community’s priorities that NRG Program can help: Some examples
- Preparing for Earthquakes together-No neighbor overlooked
- Preparing for wildfire evacuations- latest evacuation strategies
- Preparing to mitigate fire risks -
- Walkthroughs with Fire Marshal for 6 + homes to advise you on fire risks
- Firewise Program:Greenbrae Hills (all 7 NRGs will apply to be designated a Firewise USA Community) Help community identify communal vegetation fire risks, make a plan to address it, take steps to do so, minimal annual average investment $25/home or in equivalent labor,
- Preparing database of those who can help and who need help
- Inclusion in 6000 household network with radio communication and Central Marin CERT and County CERT
- Opt in to a special needs list so authorities can check on you if needed
Please see the attached doormat flyer. Please share with your neighbors to help with turnout!
Any questions, please email Laurie Rice, Central Main NRG Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Very truly yours,