Dear Greenbrae Residents,
As was discussed during the GPOA’s October 4, 2018 meeting, the Central Marin Neighborhood Response Group (“NRG”) is being formed in our neighborhood! The Central Marin NRG program has already formed 33 NRGs that cover over 4,500 homes. The Central Marin NRG is holding an informational meeting on Thursday, November 8, 2018, from 7-8 p.m. at the Central Marin Police Authority, 250 Doherty Ave, Larkspur, CA 94939. The GPOA urges all Greenbrae residents to attend this meeting.
The NRG Program helps prepare neighborhoods for 3 scenarios: (1) major earthquake or flood; (2) wildfire evacuation; and (3) fire after a major earthquake. At the meeting you can learn more about:
- how the NRG adds the next level of support to your family’s preparedness for earthquakes and wildfires;
- radio communications-lifeline after a major earthquake;
- educating your neighbors to check gas meters to prevent fire after a major earthquake;
- identifying, mapping, and learning evacuations pathways;
- sharing situational awareness about high risk fire days and sharing evacuation alerts with communication networks; and
- creating defensible or survivable space on parcels at the neighborhood level,
Please attend the meeting and learn more about how neighbors are helping each other across Central Marin.
Please share this email with your Greenbrae neighbors.
The Managers of Larkspur, Corte Madera and the Central Marin Fire Department all endorse this program as integral to the towns’ disaster preparedness plan.
The GPOA looks forward to seeing you at the meeting on November 8, 2018.
Very truly yours,
Jack V. Valinoti